Forbes has recognized 7 Nigerian pastors as being among the 20 richest pastors in the world, in its latest release.
Bishop David Oyedepo, the general overseer of Living Faith Church, tops the list of richest Nigerian pastors, while Pastor Enoch Adeboye occupies the sixth position.
Pastor Edir Macedo who is the founder of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God in Brazil, tops the overall list of men of God from all over the world.
See the full list below:-
1. Edir Macedo is the founder of Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, Brazil. He is worth $1.1 billion and is the richest pastor in the world. Macedo is also the founder of Grupo Record and Record News.
2. Kenneth Copeland is the founder and owner of Kenneth Copeland Ministries. His church is located on a 1,500 acre campus and the property has loads of structures. He has a net worth of $760 million.
3. Pat Robertson’s net worth is $500 million. Pat Robertson is an executive chairman, media tycoon, and a Southern Baptist minister. Robertson has amassed this wealth from setting up many corporations and organizations, and a University too.
4. George Foreman is a former professional boxer who is worth $250 million. He is a preacher at the the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Houston.
5. Bishop David Oyedepo is a Nigerian preacher. He is the founder of Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota; Living Faith Church Worldwide A.K.A Winners Chapel International World Headquarter. Oyedepo has two universities – Landmark and Convenant University. He is worth $150 million. He is the richest pastor in Nigeria and Africa.
6. Pastor E.A Adeboye is the general overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God. He is worth $130 million. His net worth is $130 million.
7. Bishop Ayodele Oritsejafor is one of the richest pastors in Nigeria. With additional investments in banking, real estate, transportation and also media, Oritsejafor is worth $120million.
8. Prophet Uebert Angel is the founder of the Spirit Embassy Church. He is rumored to be worth $60 million.
9. Chris Oyakhilome is the founder of Christ Embassy and his church boasts of up to 40,000 members; many of whom are reportedly politicians and entrepreneurs. He is worth up to $50 million.
10. Benny Hinn runs a program tiled Miracle Crusade and the programs are usually held in big stadiums. He is worth up to $42 million.
11. Joel Osteen is a pastor, televangelist and has also written a number of Christian books. The name of his church is Lakewood church Houston Texas. His net worth is $40 million.
12. Pastor Tshifinwa Irene is a televangelist and her church is situated in Venda.
13. Creflo Dollar is the senior pastor at World Changers Church International. He worth up to $27 million.
14. Pastor Ray Macaulay is based in South Africa. The name of his church is Rhema Bible Church. He received his training in 1979 and he started his church afterwards with his family.
15. Billy Graham is a very popular televangelist and preaches on many radio and television stations. His net worth is $25 million.
16. Rick Warren is the founder of Saddleback Church Lake Forest California. He is worth $25 million.
17. Bishop T.D. Jakes is worth $18 million. He produces movie and he is a preacher and a writer. His house reportedly costs up to $1,700,000.
19. Prophet T.B. Joshua is among the most controversial pastors in Nigeria and he is a philanthropist. The name of his church is Synagogue Church of All Nations. He is worth up to $15 million.
20. Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo is the founder of Kingsway International Christian Center located in the United Kingdom. He is worth over $10 million.
20. Juanita Bynum is an American televangelist, author, singer and actress. She is worth $10 million.
20. Chris Okotie is worth $10 million. He was a pop star before switching to preaching as a pastor. His hit song ‘Show Me Your Backside’ was popular in the 80s. The name of his church is Household of God Church.
They come out smelling sweet, wearing top-notch designer wear, driving state-of-the-art cars and living like kings.
These days, most pastors are all shades of prosperous, which is why a lot of people are going into the church business; if only to enjoy the luxury being enjoyed by pastors.